Metro Why I Don't Want to Return Home- Chibok Girl Interviewed by Boko Haram Terrorist

L

LequteMan

Maida Yakubu, one of the Chibok girls abducted by Boko Haram appeared in the sect's new video and spoke on why she refused to return home.

Her identity was confirmed Aisha Yesufu, one of the leaders of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) Advocacy Group. According to Yesufu, it was ironic that Maida, who urged the Federal Government to rescue them in a proof-of-life video last year could be saying the opposite at the moment.

Here is a transcript of the conversation between a male voice and Maida in the new video.

Male voice: What is your name?

Veiled girl with AK 47: My name is Maida Yakubu

Which town are you from?

Chibok.

What are the names of your parents?

My mother’s name is Esther Muntari; my father’s name is Yakubu Kaba.

Which school were you attending?

GSS Chibok.

Why don’t you want to return to your parents?

I don’t want to return because they are living in the city of infidels, we want them to come and follow this religion for us to have rest in heaven.

Some people are saying that you are being forced into marriage is this so?

No. It is not so. Among us are those who agree and accept get married.

What is your message to your parents?

My message to them is for them to repent and follow Allah’s religion for our salvation.

What is your appeal to Nigerians?

My call to Nigerians is that they should leave the book that is not that of Allah and follow the Sunnah (Sayings and deeds of the Prophet) Allah’s religion will move forward whether you like it or not.

If you don’t agree you will die in your misery.

She switched to the local Chibok language for the last few seconds of the video.

Attachments

• chibok girl with bok.jpg
    chibok girl with bok.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 14
Back