Metro Why I Kidnapped My Boss After 7 Years Of Working With Him – Suspect Confesses

P

PressRoom

Aged 27, Kelvin Ogie has told the Lagos Police that he planned the abduction of his former employer for laying him off unceremoniously. According to report, Ogie had worked with the victim, Mr. Adeola Asumo, for about seven years before he was sacked for fighting with his co-worker in the company.

The suspect was not happy with the manner he was sacked so he and his friend, simply identified as Andrew, kidnapped and collected about N1 million from his boss. Ogie said before they carried out the operation, he and his friend passed the night in the University of Lagos, where students used to read at night before attacking his boss about 5a.m. in his shop on the university campus.

upload_2016-12-20_8-33-10.png

He said: “It was my friend who approached my boss when he was coming out of his shop and threatened to kill him if he made any funny moved. After my friend had succeeded in reaching him, I went to meet him and ordered him into his vehicle and drove out of the campus.

“When we were going, my friend warned him not to do any stupid thing otherwise he would blow off his head.

He cooperated with us. That was how we went to the bank and withdrew about N1 million from his bank account.

“After withdrawing the money, we also forced him to sign a document to replace the vehicle with the salary he owed me. Immediately after he signed the document, we allowed him to go.

“After we dropped my boss off, my friend and I took the Toyota Camry car to a workshop on Lagos Island where the number plate was removed and changed to Edo State own. Some other documents were also changed to avert being arrested by the police.”

Ogie said after sharing the money, Andrew took N800,000 while he took N200,000 with the vehicle to Auchi. He added: “I was later arrested in my father’s house while Andrew is said to have been on the run since then.”

-------
New Telegraph

Back