World Why I Lost US Elections To Donald Trump – Hilary Clinton

P

PressRoom

Former US Democratic Presidential Candidate, Hilary Clinton seems still bitter about her loss at the polls to President Donald Trump. In an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour, Clinton vented her bitterness over her defeat by Trump -- pointing to Russia and FBI Chief James Comey as the key drivers of her loss.

“Did we make mistakes? Of course we did. Did I make mistakes? Oh, my gosh yes,” Clinton told Amanpour at a “Women for Women International” event in New York, “but the reason why I believe we lost were the intervening events in the last 10 days.”

upload_2017-5-3_13-34-48.png

Clinton suggested that she believes she would have won if not for what the intelligence community described in a post-election report as “an influence campaign” directed by Vladimir Putin to undermine her during the election, as well as Comey’s decision to notify Congress on October 28 that the FBI would review additional emails in connection with an investigation into her personal email server. The FBI later announced on the eve of the election that the emails would not affect the outcome of the investigation.

“It wasn’t a perfect campaign, there is no such thing,” Clinton said,“but I was on the way to winning until the combination of Jim Comey’s letter on October 28, and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me, but got scared off.”

When pressed as to whether her campaign could have been run better, Clinton said that she takes “absolute personal responsibility” as the candidate. “I was the person who was on the ballot, and I am very aware of, you know, the challenges, the problems, you know, the shortfalls that we had,” she said.

Back