Politics Why I Support Nnamdi Kanu But Don't Think Nigeria Should Break up- Fayose

L

LequteMan

Ekiti state governor Ayodele Fayose doesn't think Nigeria should break up.

In an interview published by the Sun, he explained his reason for thinking so. He also explained why he identified with IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu, who was recently released from prison on bail.

When quizzed about the message he was trying to pass across by attending Nnamdi Kanu's court session, he said:

"Well just for us as leaders to identify with the oppressed in our society, people at our level should rise up to make sure that the ordinary citizens of this country are not oppressed by the authorities that are supposed to be protecting them.

"What Americans does most often is to keep pressure on government that does the wrong thing; we will continue to keep pressure on this administration not to prevent them from becoming dictators. Since we cannot carry gun, we must be able to identify with such people and let the whole world know that this is an oppressive move against the ordinary man.

He added later on that breaking Nigeria up is not a good thing.

"I will say I do not support the breakup of this country and at the same time, we should not be part of injustice and oppression. When court grants bail allow him to go home, that is all we are saying, so many tribes have married each other, so why should we break up but at the same time I think nobody, no matter how highly placed should take the life of a Nigerian.

"When you intimidate judges, asking where they got their money from, you are trying to force them to deliver judgment in a particular way. They (executive) will say they know you have some money and if you don’t do this like this, we will disgrace you and what would you expect a man who has built his career over time, to do?

Attachments

• Fayose-and-Kanu.png
    Fayose-and-Kanu.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 17
Back