Politics Why the South-West did not vote for me in 2011 -Ribadu

A

abujagirl

Nuhu Ribadu, former Chairman of the Economic Crimes Commission, EFCC and Presidential candidate of the now defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in the 2011 elections during a recent interview with Hausa newspaper, RARIYA, said the south-west didn't vote for he had pulled out of the elections the night before.

When asked whether he felt abandoned by the ACF following the fact that they drafted him to contest but never voted for him, Ribadu said, "As far as I know, they did not abandon me. What happened was that before Election Day, I had told them that I withdrew from the race and they agreed. There were witnesses also, such as General Babangida, Aliyu Gusau, Buhari, Atiku, Sule Yahaya Hamma, Bashir Yusuf Ibrahim, and the rest.

"But there was misunderstanding between the CPC and ACN, even though I had withdrawn. The two parties failed to agree. That incident discouraged a lot of people especially in the South West because as far they were concerned, they had no candidate. Since they had no candidate, they did not even appoint agents to polling units, and so did not spend a kobo at the time. So people were allowed to freely elect who they wanted. You cannot blame them since they failed to reach an agreement with CPC, he added.

When queried about his political ambition come 2015, Ribadu shied away from the question giving a bogus reply. His words "Today I am a member of the APC, I have the hope that we will build a party that will salvage our people and I am just focussed on ensuring that we build it to achieve that purpose, especially in Adamawa state, North East, the North in general and Nigeria as a whole. I pray that we produce the right leaders that will take this country to the next level.

"I am a contented person and I am grateful to God for what I have achieved in life. All I can tell you is that I will work assiduously as I used to anywhere I find myself, he added.

ribadu.jpg

So people were allowed to freely elect who they wanted. You cannot blame them since they failed to reach an agreement with CPC, he added.
Interesting quote considering CPC went to court.

Back