Metro Why Thieves Don't Raid My Shop – Coffin Seller

P

PressRoom

Just like every other people in legit businesses, 52-year old Gbadebo Adesanmi also has to pray to God for his business to thrive as a producer and seller of coffins, especially as the economic situation bites daily.

For Adesanmi, who was recently interviewed by PUNCH, deaths must occur for his business to blossom. He told journalists that he has had to deal with lots of jabs and negative perception on a daily basis because ''the job is reliant on deaths''.

upload_2017-5-15_9-42-20.png

Adesanmi – who was introduced to the business as a 32-year-old in his hometown, Abeokuta, by his now late uncle – explained that he also enjoys some privileges from coffin sales.

''For example, while other business owners pay so much to secure their wares especially at night because of thieves, we have no such worry. In fact thieves run away from us. Even if I open my shop for an entire week, nobody can come in here to steal anything. If you steal a coffin, where are you going to keep it or who are you going to sell it to? Nobody would buy such from you. It is like a forbidden item for thieves,” he said smiling – like a man who had just conquered an enemy. '' he said.

Back