Entertainment Wizkid Now Charges N10m For Collaboration

Wizkid, Nigerian rave singer has taken a swing at the hornet's nest yet again by revealing that the cost of bringing him into a musical collaboration has now been set at N10 million.

The singer (born Ayo Balogun) has made it clear that his charges is not a joke during a recent interview.

"I charge N10m for collaboration but I don’t charge the people I love," the Star Boy boss noted.

On the contrary, Wizkid has affirmed that he does not pay artistes to feature in his songs. "I don’t pay for collaborations because I’m confident of myself," he said.

As fans continue to throw shots of mixed reactions at his latest album, 'Ayo,' Wizkid remains confident about serving another album in the not-so distant future.

Meanwhile, Wizkid has been labeled an object of inconsistency by music lovers who have observed his recent outbursts and pronouncements with keen interest.

The argument from this quarter is that the singer recently averred that he does not charge for collaborations.
Suspicious glances were exchanged when Wizkid collected (which he confirmed a few days ago) the sum of N1.million from budding singer Saeon saying:

“It was strictly work. When did we even start talking that we should be friends like that? She came to me... No! Not me directly... to my manager and asked for a collabo. Normally, I don’t charge my friends but hey she came with some cash and I gladly obliged. I even gave her 10 per cent discount. That's a very generous move because it took her a month to get my attention. After that, it's back to our separate lives. We are not friends.”

Wizkid however, switched gear yet again with the new collaboration set at N10million

Do you see any artiste paying Wizkid N10million for a musical collaboration?

Source: NetNg

#Wizkid #WizkidCollaborationFee

Wizkid.jpg

Wizkid

"We are not friends." LOL. LOL.

That one must have gotten to Saeon.

I'm not a musician, maybe that's why I find these sums shocking. I should probably go have my voice trained so I can start charging N10 million to non-friends for screaming 'iyeyeyeye!' on their tracks.

Smooth, Wizzy baby loke loke. Real smooth.

@Vunderkind I doubt if Saeon slept very well after reading that one. Quite harsh but it's the truth, isn't it? I don't see any sane artiste paying such an outrageous amount for a musical collaboration. if Wizkid wants to cut down on collabos with budding acts, this will work but the industry hasn't grown to that point where a singer consistently receives N10m for a collabo.

Back