Metro Woman Drags Blind Man to Court Over Alleged Assault

L

LequteMan

Nigeria-
A blind man, Dahiru Ibrahim, 36, of Angwan Makafai, Mararaba, Nasarawa State, was on Friday arraigned before a Grade 1 Area Court, Mararaba, for assaulting a woman with an iron rod.

He is facing a two-count charge of criminal intimidation and causing grievous hurt.

The complainant, Zainab Musa, 50, alleged that Ibrahim assaulted her with an iron rod, adding that she sustained some injuries on her head and hands due to the assault.

She also said that the accused also threatened to deal with her.

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges, saying that the complainant had been spreading false reports about him in the neighbourhood that he was sleeping around with small girls.

“I went to advise her to stop telling lies about me. But in reaction, she hit me with a stick on my jaw.

“In the process, I only grabbed her by the collar of her blouse; I never assaulted her,”

“She can see and I am blind; who will first assault who in such a situation?” he asked.

However, the presiding judge, Mr Albert Maga, granted bail to the accused in the sum of N20,000 and a surety in like sum.

He then adjourned the case to Dec. 11 for hearing.

blind man.jpg

Back