Sports World Cup: Mikel Obi Reacts To Cameroon Draw, Speaks On Retirement Plans

M

mrsam

Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, has reiterated that Nigeria has not qualified for the World Cup yet and as such, no room for complacency

The Tianjin Teda player put in an impressive display on both legs as the Super Eagles got 4 points from a possible 6.

The results took Nigeria up to 10 from four matches in Group B of African qualifying, six more than second-placed Zambia, who face Algeria on Tuesday.

“The World Cup is a big tournament and I want to attend a second one after my first in 2014,” Mikel Obi said at the post-match press conference.

“A second one for me will be amazing. We have a great young team, but we’re not there yet.

“Three points would have been great, but I’m happy with the one point we got. It was a really tough game.”

Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has insisted he does not plan to retire from football soon.

“I’m 30 years old and still have a long way to go and I still want to play till God knows when,” he told media in Yaounde.

“But now, I’m not thinking about retirement. I just came back from a very bad injury and now I’m back and finding my way to the field of play. Fitness wise it’s difficult but I am here to help the team.”

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 39
Back