Sports Xavi will never play in the Premier League

• Thread starter Titilope Adeuja
  • Start date
T

Titilope Adeuja

Barcelona and Spainish midfielder, Xavi, says he does not see himself ever playing in the English Premier League.

Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea have been linked to the Spain international, who has won seven La Liga trophies, three UEFA titles in his haul.

"There was always talk United or Chelsea or City and Arsenal wanted to sign me but never anything concrete.

"My thinking was always clear. I am such a Barcelona fan, so my first, second and third option is always Barca.

"I never thought of leaving like Cesc Fabregas, who went to Arsenal.

"I want to be here forever. If I am not at Barcelona, I will always be thinking of Barca. If I had played for City, United, Arsenal or Chelsea, I'd keep asking what is going on at Barca - my club.

"All the big English clubs know getting Xavi is impossible. They know Xavi is a fan of Barcelona, he won't come.

"I've no regrets at all, but I still think at times that I would have loved to play in England. You 'live' football over there.

"People respect you more. It's more difficult to find respect in Spain. There is more criticism here. In England, a player who's won many things is more respected than in Spain.

Xavi said he would have "loved" to play sometime ago in the Premier League, but he has strong links that he does not see any breaks with the Catalan giants.

"It's not happened because my dream, my feeling and my idea was to be at Barcelona. Forever."
Xavi.JPG

Last edited:
Back