Metro Yobe students’ killing: Nigerian children observe one-minute silence for victims

naija questions

Some Nigerian children on Tuesday in Abuja observed a one-minute silence for the students of College of Agriculture, Gujba in Yobe killed on Sept. 29 by some suspected gunmen.

The children, who were led by First Lady Patience Jonathan, performed the act at the 53rd Independence Anniversary Children’s Party she organised at the Banquet Hall of the State House.

During the moment of silence, I prayed to God to forgive their (the late students) sins and grant them the best of paradise.

But I am sad this kind of thing happened and I pray that Nigeria will soon be freed of all these sad killings,’’ 12-year-old Tijani Mustapha, who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the party, said.

After the event, the First Lady advised the children to be good citizens at all times.

Be watchful and observe happenings around your environment and I plead with you all to be ambassadors of peace at all times.

The future of Nigeria is in you. Therefore, you must work hard to sustain it. Avoid bad companies and shun people who send you on evil errands,’’ Jonathan advised.

NAN reports that other activities at the occasion included the First Lady joining the children in dancing and the cutting the Independence Anniversary cake.

Also, the children who attended the occasion were presented with gifts by the First Lady.

Back