Metro 3 Top Theories on Origin of Mysterious Deadly Disease in Ondo’s Irele

L

LequteMan

Nigeria- A wave of deadly infections has hit the town of Irele in Ondo state, killing over 15 already. According to reports, victims wake up blind and die hours later.

ondo irele.jpg

Here are three top conspiracies about the cause of the disease.

It’s The CIA

Some people believe the CIA introduced the ‘disease’ into Nigeria through international election observers. Since America couldn’t get Nigeria with Ebola, it introduced a more bastard disease that the country can’t handle like it handled Ebola, they say.

Food Poisoning

Since all the victims are adults, some people believe the disease was caused by poisoning, through mixing industrial ethanol with local gin. All local gin joints should be investigated, they added.

Enraged Deity

This is the dominant rumor concerning the cause of the mysterious deaths.

It is believed that a powerful deity in the area, the ‘Imale’, killed a man and his dead body was deposited at the shrine. However, some young boys went there to cut the head of the dead body and took one of the idols away. As a result, The 'imale' has been killing the boys one after the other.

In another version of the story, the boys stole the idols of an unnamed potent deity and sold to some white men. Those that pertook in act (theft and sale) are dying mysteriously. It’s said that some of those involved have started confessing.

Source: Nairaland

Read: Deadly Disease Hits Ondo State, 15 Dead So Far

#Nigeria #Ondo #Irene

African voodoo is real except we want to deceive ourselves. I may not believe it if it happened on the street of Lagos but I tempted to believe that it can happen in a native Yoruba town or any other place where they still do the native sacrifices.

Why not? Is 'jurisdiction' is in play here?

I however believe anything paranormal or supernatural now will be explainable and understandable in the future (centuries or millenniums later).

Science is the new term for witchcraft and wizardry.

Back