Politics Atiku Says APC Cannot Have a Consensus Presidential Candidate

A

abujagirl

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, who is one of the aspirants vying for the All Progressives Congress, APC Presidential Ticket, has ruled out the possibility of determining the party’s presidential flag bearer by consensus.

He told newsmen in Bauchi on Sunday that it was ‘too late’ to select a candidate among the aspirants, by consensus.

“It is too late for the party to think of holding a consensus forum for its presidential aspirants but rather, it should conduct a delegate conference where we will fight it out,” said Atiku.

According to him, it is one of the tenets of best practices in democracy for candidates to be allowed to test their popularity.

Commenting on his relationship with the former president of the country, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Atiku said that they related very well.

“In spite of my disagreement with Obasanjo on political ground, there is personal cordial relationship between us; I visited him last week at his Ota Farm,” he said.

#APC #Atiku #Obasanjo

atiku1.jpg

Atiku is very correct. This is not time for any of the aspirants to be thinking of the easy way out but time for all to be on the final lap of the campaign with the people and hope for the best result possible.
I have no doubt that my preferred candidate Atiku Abubakar will emerge winner and become the party’s flag bearer because he is very prepared and experience for the task ahead and I believe he will do very well if we give him our mandate come 2015.
His popularity is cut across the entire country as any true leader should and with him CHANGE is sure. #ANigeriaForAll.

Back