Politics BEWARE: Oil Subsidy Removal, PDP's Ruthless Trap For Buhari - Bamidele

Vunderkind

Social Member
NIGERIA -

The chairman, House of Reps committee on Legislative Budget and Research, Opeyemi Bamidele has said that the removal of fuel subsidy is a 'booby trap' for the incoming Buhari administration.

Speaking on Thursday, he said “the truth and reality of the situation is that the outgoing PDP administration has, through the 2015 budget, removed oil subsidy and it must be made to accept responsibility for it rather than for the incoming APC administration to bask in the euphoria of having won an election without realising the booby trap into which they and the Nigerian people are walking into."

His statement said: “To me, this is definitely a booby trap for the incoming administration. Those who were suggesting within the APC that its incoming administration might withdraw fuel subsidy must be educated that they would be sending Nigerians a wrong signal capable of creating the impression that the APC either deceived Nigerians to get their votes or had reneged on its electoral promise as a progressive party.

“This is a serious development and a defining moment that calls for the attention of all well-meaning Nigerians at home and abroad. This is the first time in the last 16 years of our civilian rule that a new political party will be taking over to form a government and if care is not taken, this matter is capable of making the incoming government morally dead on arrival.

“For the record and for posterity purposes, I am opposed to this sudden removal of fuel subsidy and I implore Nigerian patriots to be aware.”

Source: #PUNCH

buhari grim.jpg

Back