Sports Britain's Andy Murray beat American Donald Young to progress to Miami Open next round

Britain's number one, Andy Murray has defeated American Donald Young 6-4 6-2 to progress to the third round of the Miami Open championship.

The 27-year-old world number four dominated the game at the very start winning the first four games in a windy conditions.
mu.jpg

Murray, who has won the title twice- first in 2009 and and his second three years after has already beaten Young in the Davis Cup earlier this month.

Murray will now face Colombia's world number 31 Santiago Giraldo, who defeated Murray at last year's Madrid Open.

"The match went well but it was tricky and difficult to feel comfortable on the court because of the conditions," said Murray, who has a home in Miami.

"It was extremely windy and also the complete opposite to what we played in in Indian Wells five or six day ago.

"I always enjoy coming back - it's nice to spend some time in your bed. I've only spent 10 or so days at home in the UK this year so it's nice when I am travelling to spend a bit of time in my own place."

Meanwhile, number two seed Rafael Nadal beat fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro 6-4 6-2.

Switzerland's seventh seed Stan Wawrinka lost the first set before beating Carlos Berlocq, of Argentina, 6-7 (9-11), 7-5 6-2.

Eighth seed Tomas Berdych beat 18-year-old South Korean Hyeon Chung 6-3 6-4.

The Czech will now play 25th seed Bernard Tomic after the Australian beat American Austin Krajicek 7-6 (8-6) 7-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back