Politics Buhari Broke Tinubu's Heart By Choosing Osinbajo - Leadership

Vunderkind

Social Member
Leadership Nigeria has reported that the selection of Professor Yemi Osibanjo was done without even Tinubu himself being aware.

In what the paper described as "dramatic scheming, high-wire politics and horse trading," the selection of Osinbajo as Buhari's running mate apparently caught national party leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by surprise.

Apparently, Tinubu himself had wished to be the running mate to Buhari, and that was the reason for the bottleneck in the negotiations/meetings which were protracted until Osinbajo was finally announced.

A Leadership source said: “I can authoritatively tell you that the emergence of Osinbajo is not an easy task. This is because a lot of issues, interests and other national issues were considered, apart from politics. Tinubu himself did not know that Osinbajo’s name was on the list until this morning ( yesterday).

“I also wish to inform you that the situation got to a point that a top retired general from the south west had to call Buhari and blast him over why he allowed himself to be tossed about in choosing his running mate. The general further asked Buhari to make up his mind on a credible candidate and announce his name without further delay.

“Don’t forget that Tinubu has said that it is only one name that the south west is presenting (that is himself) and that Buhari cannot change the name.”

upload_2014-12-18_12-50-22.png

Hmmm I take it Mr. Sam Nda-Isaiah is back at Leadership :) He will sure have great stories to tell about the inside dealings that have gone on... fasten your seat belt. Don't worry it will only be a short ride :) We now need to focus on what the parties have to offer @Jules @Temitope @Lequte

Yup. Leadership posted that Sam Nda-Isaiah has 'returned to the fold.'

And they did something quite interesting.

They wrote a story where they took care to say they were the first in the whole of Nigeria to break the news about Osinbajo. They even wrote the time they posted it: 9:53am.

(And also mentioned that they had also, on December 12, already announced that Osinbajo would be clinching the ticket.)

Yup. Leadership posted that Sam Nda-Isaiah has 'returned to the fold.'

And they did something quite interesting.

They wrote a story where they took care to say they were the first in the whole of Nigeria to break the news about Osinbajo. They even wrote the time they posted it: 9:53am.

(And also mentioned that they had also, on December 12, already announced that Osinbajo would be clinching the ticket.)
#SamPayYourWorkers may trend again

I don't think this is true because Osinbajo is Tinubu's candidate. He must have submitted his name since he knew he may not be a candidate of choice for VP for now.

I don't think this is true because Osinbajo is Tinubu's candidate. He must have submitted his name since he knew he may not be a candidate of choice for VP for now.

I also thought so until the inside man resumed at Leadership newspaper and the paper published their own account of the chess game that went on. I think it is still positive for Tinubu as he has the influence. Unfortunately he would have hard time once the mud slinging started and I am sure that is why he had to back down.

Well what do we know, we are outside the corridors of power looking in with fake x-ray glasses.

Back