Politics Buhari Can Do Better Than Fashola, Amaechi, Others - HoR Chairman

L

LequteMan

The Deputy Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Capital Market and Institutions, Mr. Nwulu Tony-Chinedu, has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari needs to reshuffle his cabinet.

“When I look at the composition of the cabinet at the moment, I believe that the President can do better, not because his wife has said what she said, that is her own personal opinion," he said according to a report from Punch.

“I don’t share in whatsoever she is saying; mine is that I believe the President can do better. You see, we have gotten to that point where there are critical sectors that require critical attention and you need seasoned professionals to be placed in those positions.

“Whether the President knows them or not is immaterial. Enough of trying to patronise your party. It is not about political patronage at the moment; we are talking about saving the country from the precipice and the only thing that can happen is bring the right persons on board.”

Citing an instance with the Ministry of Finance, the lawmaker suggested that Buhari could have appointed a professional with the pedigree of a former Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to head the ministry.

“It has nothing to do with whether she worked with the Peoples Democratic Party’s regime or not, but it has gotten to the point where the President needs to appoint accurate thinkers.

“You have Prof. Pat Utomi; you have Nigerians who are capable of doing the job that are well-trained and have the right attitude and character,” he added.

Attachments

• amaechi buhari fashola.jpg
    amaechi buhari fashola.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 3
Back