Politics Buhari Promises to Probe Sanusi's Allegation of Missing $20billiom

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's president elect, Muhammadu Buhari has announced that he will probe the case of allegeddly missing $20billion.

Former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Sanisu Lamido Sanusi, who is now the Emir of Kano had raised alarm that $20billion was missing from the coffers of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, NNPC.

Speaking in Hausa while addressing a delegation of Adamawa State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC who paid him a congratulatory visit at his campaign headquarters in Abuja, Buhari said, ''On the issue of corruption, I heard that some people have started returning money. I will not believe it until I go and see for myself.

''You all know what the Emir of Kano talked about when he was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. He said $20 billion dollars, not naira, $20 billion dollars, was unaccounted for; they said it was a lie. Instead of investigating it, they sacked him. And God in his infinite mercy made him the Emir of Kano. In any case, that is what he wanted. And since this was documented, the new administration will take a look at it.

#APC #Kano #Buhari

Muhammadu Buhari,.jpg

Back