Politics Buhari Rejects Rolls Royce Offer in London

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - President-elect Muhammadu Buhari on Friday turned down the use of a Rolls Royce made available for him by the Nigerian High Commission in London.

buhari london.jpg

The Nation reports that officials of the High Commission were dumbfounded when, on landing at the Heathrow Airport, he declined to make use of the Rolls Royce and other facilities offered him.

After exchanging pleasantries with the embassy officials led by the High Commissioner, Dr Dalhatu Tafida, the president-elect politely told them that his visit was strictly private and he had made arrangement for all his needs while in the UK.

He reportedly thanked them for the warm reception and quickly hopped into a less flamboyant car he had arranged for and drove out of the airport.

#Nigeria #Buhari #London

He should have rejected the first class BA ticket to London for a few days. It cost less than hiring the Rolls Royce :) [USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

Nigeria - President-elect Muhammadu Buhari on Friday turned down the use of a Rolls Royce made available for him by the Nigerian High Commission in London.

View attachment 50810

the president-elect politely told them that his visit was strictly private and he had made arrangement for all his needs while in the UK.

But was it also a private visit that led him to David Cameron, where they discussed issues relating to Nigeria's security and endemic corruption?

Just to be clear - I think he should fly first class, I also think he should use the phantom - what I don't like is silly spin. The president-elect will be judged by his work in office, let us stop the Saint Buhari and just leave it at Sai Buhari for now.

Back