Politics Buhari Tripped on His Wrapper,He Didn’t Slump –Aide

A

abujagirl

An unnamed aide of Muhammadu Buhari, Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC on Friday told Sahara Reporters that his principal didn't slump in Calabar, the Cross River capital.

The aide said that what happened at the APC rally was that the 72-year-old retired general tripped on his wrapper but quickly regained his composure and went on to address a large crowd that had gathered to hear him.

Since the death of President Umaru Yaradua, the health status of government officials in Nigeria has become a big deal.

#Buhari #APC #Calabar

Buhari 1.jpg

Failing in all aspects to bring down Buhari. Religion didn't work out, now it is the age factor and his health. The writer quickly regaled us in the other report "how he slumped and his associates quickly rushed to him". Tripped and Slumped, maybe I should revisit my dictionary for the meaning.

Loki has been around in Nigeria for a while. We just don't respect history so the leaders can continue to wear new clothes and tell new tales. I remember when the last 'messiah' came out of jail in 1999 and the pitch was he has been the only man in Nigeria to hand over to a civilian government.
Anyway that is off topic :)

Loooool. Book Idea: "A Compendium of Nigeria's Tragic Comedies."

Prominent mentions from aforementioned 'Messiah' (who may return to jail if current anti-corruption Messiah surprisingly wins and makes good on his promises), the previously un-shoed candidate, the Yoruba tribalist ex-APC now-PDP campaigner (it gets confusing), it goes on...

How about first starting with a Nigeria that bombs don't go off at will, as has been the case today in a market in Maiduguri.... maybe those who still want Jonathan in power should first analyse if it were to be their town what they would have done. The buck stops at his desk.

How about first starting with a Nigeria that bombs don't go off at will, as has been the case today in a market in Maiduguri.... maybe those who still want Jonathan in power should first analyse if it were to be their town what they would have done. The buck stops at his desk.
Oh dear oh dear. This is not about defending Jonathan. To be perfectly honest if the choice was Fashola / Amaechi then I would be more than happy. I am disappointed at choice and noise been made. You cannot be progressive and keep going back to the past for leadership. In my viee if Nigerian youth keep been blindsided by this they only have themselves to blame.

Now I need to go and find out what Labour is offering as I cannot defend Jonathan or support Buhari

Oh dear oh dear. This is not about defending Jonathan. To be perfectly honest if the choice was Fashola / Amaechi then I would be more than happy. I am disappointed at choice and noise been made. You cannot be progressive and keep going back to the past for leadership. In my viee if Nigerian youth keep been blindsided by this they only have themselves to blame.

Now I need to go and find out what Labour is offering as I cannot defend Jonathan or support Buhari
At the moment we are only condemned with two choices: either we continue with the present menace, or we go down memory lane for salvation. I am going for the latter.

There are other parties. Also the irony that the person we are shouting about was the man who ended democracy in Nigeria and open the doors to the IBB and Abacha regimes. Many would wrongfully argue that we were better off then.

It is great that we have come a long way and can now vote again

There are other parties. Also the irony that the person we are shouting about was the man who ended democracy in Nigeria and open the doors to the IBB and Abacha regimes. Many would wrongfully argue that we were better off then.

It is great that we have come a long way and can now vote again
What is the proof that Abacha and IBB wouldn't have gained power at the long run if Buhari had not toppled the Civilian government? Nevertheless the coup was bloodless.

Dear sir after your last question on evidence I will call it a day on this discussion. Any country that cannot take an honest look at the past can never have a future.

We have nine other candidates, gentlemen :)

At any rate, Remi Sonaiya (the female presidential candidate from KOWA party) has the, unfortunately, futile sympathy of a small group of social media campaigners.

At the end of the day, both Buhari and Jonathan are really depressingly terrible choices.

If I vote for Buhari, I wouldn't be voting for Buhari as a candidate, but against Jonathan as an embarrassing failure.

APC could have done better with their choice of candidate, at any rate, but we understand the underlying power tussle that forces these decisions.

Nigeria's bipartisan stronghold has strengthened with each election. This year we have no Chris Okotie, no Pat Utomi, no Ribadu...

We just have Buhari and Jonathan.

And it's not even right-wing or left-wing. Just the same muddy bucket of sordidness.

Back