Politics Cambridge Shuts Critics Up With New Info on Buhari's Certificate

Vunderkind

Social Member
The University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate (UCLES) (now called Cambridge Assessment) has provided further information concerning the WASC results of Muhammadu Buhari.

The university made a new publication on its website confirming Buhari's results from 1961, confirming that the grades were issued in numbers, not letters (several critics have tried to dismiss the results based on these paramaters.)

The website wrote: "The University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), now known as Cambridge Assessment, in response to requests to authenticate a candidate’s exam certificate, today said: “We can only confirm or verify results at the direct request of or with the permission of a candidate.”

“This is in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.”

The organisation also confirmed that according to the Regulations for 1961, African Language papers, including those for Hausa were set for the West African School Certificate.

NOTES:

• Examination results were classed in grades by 1 to 9. 1,2,3,4,5 & 6 indicate a Pass with Credit; 7 & 8 indicate a Pass; 9 indicates a Failure.
  • To pass the School Certificate, candidates had to pass examinations in a variety of groups. It was compulsory to pass English Language, but not Maths, in order to gain the Certificate.
  • The number of candidates who sat for the WASC Hausa examination in 1961 was 152.
  • Our records show that Hausa was set in the Northern Region in 1961."
upload_2015-1-28_10-50-26.png

Lolz..... I am still on hiatus though. Surprisingly "there are no more chicks outside for the hawks to swoop down on." Maybe they will still write to Cambridge saying Buhari wore mufti instead of school uniforms to write WASC..... I dey laugh!

Lolz..... I am still on hiatus though. Surprisingly "there are no more chicks outside for the hawks to swoop down on." Maybe they will still write to Cambridge saying Buhari wore mufti instead of school uniforms to write WASC..... I dey laugh!
Hello sir and welcome back.

I think the issue was that the question needed answering and it was no good supporters saying it did not matter. How does that play when some young banker then produce a fake CV full of made up information and says it doesn't matter. It does.

Now the question has rightfully turned to GEJ and people are demanding that he produces his PhD thesis to show that he completed the course and did indeed deliver the requirement for a thesis. He needs to answer the question because IT DOES MATTER!

It is important that critical questions are asked of those that want to get into office to see how they handle the situation. I must say that I am not filled with confidence.

[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

Cambridge has neither said Buhari's result is authentic or not. They only clarified certain misconception. Again just as @curator has said, those who want to contest for public offices need to be questioned. I know how many times my results were verified at both entry and exit level at the university. They just wanted to be sure I have the prerequisite to obtain a BSc. Someone want to become Nigeria's president and it's quite necessary to verify his particulars.

Hello sir and welcome back.

I think the issue was that the question needed answering and it was no good supporters saying it did not matter. How does that play when some young banker then produce a fake CV full of made up information and says it doesn't matter. It does.

Now the question has rightfully turned to GEJ and people are demanding that he produces his PhD thesis to show that he completed the course and did indeed deliver the requirement for a thesis. He needs to answer the question because IT DOES MATTER!

It is important that critical questions are asked of those that want to get into office to see how they handle the situation. I must say that I am not filled with confidence.

[USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
Nobody has stopped anyone from asking questions. My only gripe has been the way it has been done. Why has it not been an issue in the past, how come that in his fourth trial, people are now coming out from the woods asking for Buhari's certificate? It all stemmed from the fact that people want to pull him down that he is a strong candidate.

Yes people are justified to question the integrity of those who wants to lead them, but Nigeria at this stage needs to be talking about issues that bothers on us all.

After all there is no scientific proof that Professors are better leaders than those who didn't even go to any school.

Nobody has stopped anyone from asking questions. My only gripe has been the way it has been done. Why has it not been an issue in the past, how come that in his fourth trial, people are now coming out from the woods asking for Buhari's certificate? It all stemmed from the fact that people want to pull him down that he is a strong candidate.

Yes people are justified to question the integrity of those who wants to lead them, but Nigeria at this stage needs to be talking about issues that bothers on us all.

After all there is no scientific proof that Professors are better leaders than those who didn't even go to any school.

Hi Chris, this is politics and that is the way both sides work. Everyone is looking for the weak link in the other team. Buhari's supporters should have also simply ask him to show the certificate and everything will die. As it is, there is still a smell following the issue.

As someone mentioned, even with Barack Obama who had served in the US senate and also had won one term in office as president, they were then asking for his birth certificate. Initially he did not bother as it was obviously a silly request but eventually this was published! We need to learn to hold our leaders accountable even on the simple issues. They need to fear the voice of the people, never give them an open cheque book :)

The argument that he has contested before really does not apply. If the scrutiny was weaker in past elections and people do not do their jobs properly should not be an excuse. A few years ago I found a short cut to the office which included taking a one way side road. It was never busy and no one was there. After 2 years, I did the same thing and was blocked by a guy from Lagos state. I explained to him that I have been doing this for 2 years and nothing happened so what was his problem. What do you think happened next :) ?

In answer to your final question - this is not the issue here. No one is saying a professor is a better leader etc. If the rules state that you do not need to go to school at all, then so be it. We are governed by the rules and the current law of the land.

If you go for a job as a brick layer and the company makes the minimum requirements a first degree in engineering then all applicants need to make sure they have that requirement. It does not matter that we feel that you can do the job without it.

It wasn't done in the past because things were different; we've decided to do start doing things the right.

@curator and @Jules do you think INEC has not dug deep to find out if Buhari is really qualified? Even INEC themselves said, "if you are not satisfied, seek redress in court."

There is a reason why people keep making referrals to "why nobody came up with this notion in the past". Reason, because other opponents would have long bared their fangs on it.

Do you also think that Buhari would have said the Military had his result, if indeed they didn't have it? Events of the last three weeks smacks of desperation from the other camp, guess what, it is strengthening people's resolve to vote for the General.... with or without a result.

@curator and @Jules do you think INEC has not dug deep to find out if Buhari is really qualified? Even INEC themselves said, "if you are not satisfied, seek redress in court."

There is a reason why people keep making referrals to "why nobody came up with this notion in the past". Reason, because other opponents would have long bared their fangs on it.

Do you also think that Buhari would have said the Military had his result, if indeed they didn't have it? Events of the last three weeks smacks of desperation from the other camp, guess what, it is strengthening people's resolve to vote for the General.... with or without a result.

Chris to be honest I do not know. I have seen stranger things and it is important to keep an open mind in these matters. Like I mentioned in the case of Obama, he produced the certificate. Do you think the electoral body in the US did not know where he was born on if he was American. Campaigns are about creating doubt and the team should always react to take the doubt away. It would have been simple and quick for his team to go, get the cert and show it. You cannot have a position where a candidate tells you to go and get the information yourself. It simply means you cannot question them when they get into office.

On your last point, you are making an assumption about strength. This might resolve the position with supporters but certainly not with doubters. It would be arrogant to believe this has not been damaging.

Like I mentioned, people are now looking for GEJ's thesis. If he does not produce this, regardless of what his supporters think, it will be damaging.

Back