Sports Coach Vincente del Bosque quiet on future with Spain

T

Titilope Adeuja

Del Bosque - Copy.JPG Vincente del Bosque remains mute over his coaching future with defending European and World champions, Spain following an abysmal display at Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Spain were thumped 5-1 by the Netherlands in their opening match and further humiliated by Chile 2-0 to raise questions on the viability of the present crop of players and future of del Bosque as head coach beyond this tournament.

When asked about his future with Spain at the press conference on Friday, del Bosque refused to talk about it, "We are in competition, I do not think that it is the time to talk about my future.

"I will do what is best for all. My future decision will put the interests of the selection and the RFEF (Spanish Football Federation) above my own. I do not want to be an obstacle for the
RFEF.

"I will try to be right with the RFEF. They have always treated me very well.

"It has been an exemplary coexistence which we have had here. We lost because our rivals have been better.

"The reasons of what happened are sports, nothing more.

"I am surprised. It was totally unexpected. We will try to look forward. In the World Cup every one of us has failed. Veterans, young players, coaching staff. Blame it on everyone."

Last edited:
Back