Metro Deposed Deji Begs For Re-instatement, Claims to Have Learnt His Lesson

Bolanle Akanji

Former Deji of Akure, Prince Oluwadare Adesina on Thursday, appealed to the Ondo State government to restore him to the throne three years after he was deposed.

His appeal comes on the heels of the demise of the immediate past Deji, Oba Adebiyi Adesida, who died on December 1st this year after ruling for three years and three months.

In an emotion-laden letter, Adesina said: “I tasted the good side of life. I now taste the bad side of life. I had fame. I later had shame. I knew glory. I later knew fury. I knew and tasted honour. I have also been brought down to earth. I fell from grace to grass. I have cried many times.”

He promised that he has learnt his lessons and was more prepared to return to the throne of his fore fathers since it was the turn of his ruling house to present the next Deji.

The letter by his counsel, Mr Sola Oke, dated December 19 was addressed to the State Executive Council.

Also in the letter, the deposed Deji claims that many of the allegations levelled against him that led to his deposition were as a result of bad communication and poor information management.

According to him, “many of the things he was said to have done never happened.”

He, therefore, urged Governor Olusegun Mimiko and other members of the State Executive Council to put him back on the throne.

Attachments

• Deji-of-Akure1.jpg
    Deji-of-Akure1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 12
Back