Sports Echiejile confident Super Eagles will qualify for 2015 Nations Cup

Super Eagles defender Elderson Echiejile has expressed his optimism that Nigeria will qualify for the 2015 African Nations Cup tournament in Morrocco.

Nigeria is currently third in their group way behind Congo and South Africa.

The Super Eagles have only one point after two matches and are in danger of missing out of next year's tournament unless they turn around the results.

“I think we have a good chance to qualify. It is just two games and we have four more games to play," he was quoted to have said on Vanguard Sports.

"We just have to concentrate on those four games and get good points from them and it will see us through”, said Echiejile. “For me as a player, I think we could have done more at home because if we had done, we would not have lost.

"The lesson for us is that we have to work harder and give more.“ On the match against South Africa, it was always going to be difficult for us to win because any team that play against African champions will be determined to get a good result, which was what the South Africans got because they worked hard for it”.

“I don’t think we really have much choice than to get the maximum points against Sudan because we are third in the group and to stand any chance of qualifying, then we have to get the six points from those games so we can step up our position on the table”, he added.

“Playing for the national team needs your commitment and when you have a hundred percent commitment it will always show in anything you do. So I think any positive thing done will really help the team”.

Attachments

• Eagles.gif
    Eagles.gif
    181.4 KB · Views: 29
Back