Metro F.G.C Yobe Slaughter by Boko Haram: The Untold Story

A

abujagirl

The death toll for the slaughter which occurred at Federal Government College, F.G.C Buni Yadi,in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe state, Nigeria has risen to 59 according to Reuters.

Residents in Buni Yadi said that on Sunday, just before the Monday attack on F.G.C Buni Yadi, the military check point at the junction before the school was removed based on orders from above.

The suspected boko haram terrorist stormed the school in nine Hilux vans shortly before midnight Monday and blocked the entrance to the male hostel.

The gunmen set fire and destroyed 24 buildings in the school, including hostels, administrative blocks and staff quarters. A few of the boys who attempted to escape where gunned down while others had their throat slit.

No female student was killed in the attack as the terrorists gathered them together, telling them to go away and get married, with a warning that those who remained in the school could be killed later.

Daily Trust also reported that Aliyu Ayuba, a JSS 3 student, who escaped the attack with a bullet in his back, narrating the incident said, "They were young men and boys dressed in military uniforms and mufti. They asked us to gather in one place and continued shooting sporadically. I cannot tell how I managed to escape but all my roommates were killed and burnt inside the hostel.

"We shouted for help but nobody came to our rescue, not even Police and military men, to help", Ayuba said.

The terror attack started around 11:20pm and lasted for over five hours. Military personnels didn't arrive the scene till hours after the attack, although there is a military base about 2km away from the school.

So far, most parents are unable to identify the bodies of their children as most were burnt beyond recognition.

#YobeMassacre

pro unitate.jpg

Back