Politics Fayose Can Say Whatever He Likes - President Buhari Justifies His Foreign Trips

L

LequteMan

Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari has justified his foreign trips, saying they were taken in the interest of the country.

“Every one of my trips can be politically or economically assessed. I recall that the first trip I had was to go to Chad and Niger. The trip was mainly because of Nigeria’s security.

“We campaigned based on three issues -security, economy (employment) and corruption. And then the G-7 invited me to Germany. After that, I went to Cameroon. I then went to the United Nations General Assembly.

“I have not seen any frivolous journey that I undertook. I understand that the governor of Ekiti State said that every trip I make costs Nigeria at least $1m. I do not know how he worked that out but every trip that I have made, there must be economic and political reasons that justified them.

“Those who do not see it the way the government sees it have the right not to agree and say whatever they like. But we will try and give them the appropriate reply.”

He spoke in a recent interview in London.

Attachments

• buhari no send.jpg
    buhari no send.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 22
Back