Politics Femi Fani-Kayode Eats Humble Pie in New Message to Buhari

Vunderkind

Social Member
Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, the spokesman for the President Goodluck Jonathan campaign team has declared that his attacks at Buhari were not personal, but his job.

He has also congratulated the APC for 'doing something they believe in.'

His words: “There was absolutely nothing personal as regards this Directorate or myself. I had nothing personal against anybody. I was simply doing my job for which I have no regrets and I wish them well and I sincerely hope that they will take Nigeria to a level that we can all be proud of."

He commended President Jonathan and Buhari as well:

“We start by saying that we commend and we congratulate General Muhammadu Buhari for winning this election. We also wish to commend our President, President Goodluck Jonathan, for having the courage to concede that he has lost the election at the earliest moment and also for being able to stand up and rise above party politics and being able to speak like a statesman,” he said.

He then prayed for Nigeria:

“May God grant each and everyone of us peace. May He watch over our nation. May He guide our President for the next two months whilst he is still in power and thereafter and may He guide and lead the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, in the herculean task that lies ahead for him.

“My prayer is that he brings our nation together, heals the wounds and that he builds the bridges in terms of religion, ethnicity and region that he needs to build in order for us to make Nigeria a better place and to ensure that Nigeria becomes a great country that she is destined to be,” he said.

Femi Fani-Kayode.jpg

Back