Politics Going to Aso Rock is Like Going to Jail- Osinbajo's Father-in-law

L

LequteMan

The father of Mrs. Dolapo Osinbajo, Elder Olutayo Soyode, has stated that he hardly goes to Aso Rock for a visit in spite of his daughter’s position and the exalted office of her husband.

In an interview with Punch, he said:

"I don’t go there often. Going there is like going to jail, as far as I’m concerned. It’s like locking me up. The way you see me, do I look like someone that can be kept in one place? Before I could go out, I would have to sign papers and there would be plenty phone calls; I would just run mad because I wasn’t used to such.

"I’m a free man. I cherish my freedom and I’m not used to having security aides around me. I love to be free. That place is a very good place but I’m not the type to live there, so I don’t go there often.

"Anytime I go, I give them time, like telling them I was coming for two days. I don’t even live with them. Let us say we are in Abuja now, you possibly can’t visit me for this interview. They won’t allow you to come in, and if you have to, you would have to sign different papers. I would be there alone, watching television.

"I remember when her husband and Buhari had been elected but not sworn in. In their church, I was trying to call her but she didn’t hear, so I stretched my hand to tap her, but I just found that my feet were no longer on the floor.

"Those security people carried me, I had to be screaming her name, then she looked back and shouted that he’s my father. I don’t know where they would have thrown me to. I even told her I would be referring to her as Her Excellency.

Attachments

• osinbajo fa in law.JPG
    osinbajo fa in law.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 20
Back