Politics Henry Okah: "Jonathan Begged Me to Blame North for October 1 Blasts" [Archived]

Vunderkind

Social Member
STREET JOURNAL - Former leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), Henry Okah, was detained in a South African prison over his alleged involvement in the October 1, 2010 bombing.

While in custody, he made some allegations in an affidavit he tendered to a court. In the 145-paragraphed affidavit, Okah repeatdly mentioned President Goodluck Jonathan's name, including the names of some of the president's aides.

For instance, says Street Journal, Okah alleged that he spoke to the President on behalf of Mrs. Diezani Alison Madueke before she was made the Minister of Petroleum Resources. Okah also alleged that his present predicament cannot be divorced from his refusal to get MEND to retract their claim of responsibility for the Independence Day bombing. Okah claimed the Government wanted to pin the occurrence on some specific northern elements.

In paragraph 54, Okah said: "on the day of the bombing of 1 October 2010, I received a call from Mr Moses Jituboh, the Head of Personal Security to President Jonathan, who solicited my assistance and continued cooperation with President Goodluck Jonathan towards shifting blame for the bombings to the North of Nigeria."

79 and 80 read: "During the evening of 4 April 2010, I received a call from Mr Douglas who informed me that a certain Ms Diezani Allison-Madueke desperately required speaking to me and requested him for my phone number.

Mr Douglas explained to me that she required my assistance in persuading President Goodluck Jonathan to appoint her as Minister for Petroleum."

Click here to read full affidavit

Source: #StreetJournal

jonathan speaking.jpg

Back