Sports I cried over my dislocated shoulder- Hope Akpan

Super Eagles Midfielder, Hope Akpan, has expressed unhappiness over the injury that ruled him out of the last African Cup of Nations game against South Africa on Wednesday in Uyo.

Akpan who has made two competitive appearances for Nigeria, said that he cried when he realised he won't be fit for the game against the Bafana Bafana.

The Reading FC midfielder was substituted in Nigeria's 2-0 win over Congo after dislocating his shoulder in an aerial duel.

Even his family traveled down to Nigeria to watch him play against South Africa, which all but summed up Akpan's disappointment.

" I don’t think I’ll be fit for the game on Wednesday in Uyo. I have a very special attachment to the city because that’s where my family is from.

"I know a lot of them will come to watch me on the pitch but it’s really upsetting that I’ll be missing out on the game.

"I cried but not because of the pain, rather it was realizing I won’t be playing. I suppose this will make me a stronger and better player in the future.

Hope Akpan.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back