Politics I Have Delivered On My Promise to Transform Nigeria -Jonathan

A

abujagirl

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday said that he has continually delivered on his promise to transform Nigeria.

The President made the statement during the inauguration of the 750 MW Olorunsogo II Power Station at Olorunsogo, Ifo Local Government Council Area of Ogun.

He said that the Federal Government had invested about 8.26 billion dollars in the power sector through the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP)‎.

He said that 650 million dollars‎ of the amount was committed to the Olorunsogo power plant, adding that 10 of such power projects were currently ongoing across the country.

Jonathan said that two of them in Kogi and Ondo states were inaugurated in 2014, while the Egbin Power Station would be inaugurated on Saturday.

He expressed happiness that he had continued to deliver on his campaign pledges, including that of reforming the power sector.

The president stressed that his administration would not relent in its determination to ``drive away darkness from Nigeria’’.

``I am happy that I have consistently delivered on my campaign promises to transform Nigeria and my administration would leave no stone unturned to achieve this goal.’’

He pledged that the interface between the government and the private sector on the privatisation of the power sector would be completely sealed by year 2017, if voted into power.

He added that the power plants in Kogi and Ondo states had already being privatised while that of Olorunsogo, ``is in the process of being privatised''.

#Ondo #Ogun #Kogi #Olorunsogo

Goodluck Jonathan 3.jpg

Back