Metro I Healed Ebola With a Phonecall - Kumuyi [Daily Post]

Vunderkind

Social Member
General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Christian Ministry, Pastor William F. Kumuyi revealed how his prayer healed Ebola in one of the disease-ridden countries.

This was reported by the Daily Post newspaper. Speaking during a National December Retreat of the church, the pastor said he wouldn't disclose the country where he cured someone of the Ebola virus.

He said he prayed through the phone, and God answered the prayer and healed the Ebola virus in another country.

He reportedly said: “The National Overseer of that country had told me of how a woman was struck down with Ebola and was being isolated in a certain location in the country, so I asked him to give her my number. When the woman called me on phone, I prayed a simple prayer of faith for her, and days later called to tell me that the woman was healed of Ebola immediately after the prayer.”

He said the woman took a test and it was discovered she no longer had the virus and she was discharged from the quarantine centre.

He allegedly said that if God could perform such a wonder through him over the phone, how much more wonders would He work through him physically at the retreat.

Kumuyi.jpg

Hmmm...if he said it then he should be arrested. Ebola has not gone away so to plant these seeds in the public is dangerous

One of the doctors that survived Ebola in Nigeria talked about how her prayers, that of her people and her Pastor helped her to overcome the dreaded disease while she was on quarantine.

One of the doctors that survived Ebola in Nigeria talked about how her prayers, that of her people and her Pastor helped her to overcome the dreaded disease while she was on quarantine.
She was being treated in quarantine. Those that died were also prayed for. Those that die of other diseases everyday in Nigeria aee also prayed for. Why don't they sort out malaria or infant mortality or maternal mortality in Nigeria.. always the headline disease of the year.

[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

With the little I know, healing doesn't come without believing. Even Jesus asked people if they believe before he healed them. I guess the statement, "I healed Ebola" was coined by the media and not by the preacher. It is only God that heals. Healing is both an act of faith and grace.

I hold Pastor Kumuiyi in high esteem and I totally believe him. We have been assured that even though our faiths are as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains. Ebola is a cakewalk :).

Pastor Kumuyi didn't cure Ebola, please. Let's not get carried away by religious sentimentalism. I spoke with the Dr you're referring to, @Temitope. Dr. Ada, I recall. She said the positive attitude she kept - via the Christian CDs she kept playing through her time in quarantine - was a factor in her recovery, but she emphasized that her recovery was largely due to her religious (pardon the pun) consumption of the oral rehydration therapy.

I also spoke with a Dr who didn't believe in God so much, and he told me it was the oral rehydration therapy alone that saw him through.

If Kumuyi had expressly mentioned that his caller had been holed up somewhere in his/her room and he healed this person there without medical support, I might have screamed 'HA!' but here we see the person was in quarantine, so obviously they were receiving medical attention.

I'm not anti-Kumuyi, but I hate to see hard-earned medical achievements being attributed to some 'miracle healer.' There's a place for everything, please, and this one belongs to the doctors. Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

Pastor Kumuyi didn't cure Ebola, please. Let's not get carried away by religious sentimentalism. I spoke with the Dr you're referring to, @Temitope. Dr. Ada, I recall. She said the positive attitude she kept - via the Christian CDs she kept playing through her time in quarantine - was a factor in her recovery, but she emphasized that her recovery was largely due to her religious (pardon the pun) consumption of the oral rehydration therapy.

I also spoke with a Dr who didn't believe in God so much, and he told me it was the oral rehydration therapy alone that saw him through.

If Kumuyi had expressly mentioned that his caller had been holed up somewhere in his/her room and he healed this person there without medical support, I might have screamed 'HA!' but here we see the person was in quarantine, so obviously they were receiving medical attention.

I'm not anti-Kumuyi, but I hate to see hard-earned medical achievements being attributed to some 'miracle healer.' There's a place for everything, please, and this one belongs to the doctors. Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.
But the Doctors also do say, "We care, but God heals".

And we also say 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away,' but we know that's crap too. Just deference to a societal feel-good idea.

Nobody is saying you should not pray, but please please seek medical help as quickly as possible. The statements made about healing are just simply dangerous, just as statements made about HIV cures. We have many problems that we need healing for that are not in the news. They should focus on those. They should focus on healing the minds of our desperate and selfish leaders, they should solve the issues with power, they should help with crime and boko haram, they stop people dying of malaria.

Again, do not get me wrong, say your prayers but understand that the pastors and priest go to doctors when they or their loved ones are unwell.

I hold Pastor Kumuiyi in high esteem and I totally believe him. We have been assured that even though our faiths are as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains. Ebola is a cakewalk :).

We do not have monopoly in faith but where were we when people were sending man to the moon, when penicillin was being discovered, when the internet was being built, when men took to the air in planes, when electricity was discovered, when drugs for high blood pressure, malaria, headaches and many more were researched and commercialized. Where were we during the discovery of phones, gun powder, nuclear power, the solar system and many more. Who brought the Bibles to us.

This is not just about Ebola and it is certainly not a cakewalk. Many people from around the world have been deployed to try and contain and cure ebola. Scientific understanding of the behavior of the virus has been instrumental to the progress made. Certainly not cakewalk.

We do not have monopoly in faith but where were we when people were sending man to the moon, when penicillin was being discovered, when the internet was being built, when men took to the air in planes, when electricity was discovered, when drugs for high blood pressure, malaria, headaches and many more were researched and commercialized. Where were we during the discovery of phones, gun powder, nuclear power, the solar system and many more. Who brought the Bibles to us.

This is not just about Ebola and it is certainly not a cakewalk. Many people from around the world have been deployed to try and contain and cure ebola. Scientific understanding of the behavior of the virus has been instrumental to the progress made. Certainly not cakewalk.
Science does not solve all the problems in the world, if not why are there still conflicts all across the globe? Why can't it be solved with the evolving of the world through technology; that is to show God being bigger than us all. In everything we do, there is an element of divinity. Our dependence on our own strengths will fail us if we don't recognise the source. Yes there are fake pastors out there, but then there are genuine ones also who can heal Ebola with prayers.

Science does not solve all the problems in the world, if not why are there still conflicts all across the globe? Why can't it be solved with the evolving of the world through technology; that is to show God being bigger than us all. In everything we do, there is an element of divinity. Our dependence on our own strengths will fail us if we don't recognise the source. Yes there are fake pastors out there, but then there are genuine ones also who can heal Ebola with prayers.

Funny how this argument is more anti-religion than anti-science. Science ALWAYS defers to its vast ignorance, while religion claims to have the solution to every situation. And here we are. At least we can see science improving over the years. Religion? Nothing. Just the same killing spree as documented in the days of Egypt, here today, on modern soil.

If you say science isn't solving everything, I agree - but it is solving some. And that little it is doing shouldn't be attributed to some random healer. Give science all its due.

Science is a constant investigation and does not provide all the answers. When it does the investigation ends.

Answer to your question on conflict - well religion is to blame for most of it.

This is not an argument about the existence of God. You can leave that for another day.

This is a recognition that those that introduced us to the religion have moved away from the veil of miracles etc and now focus on the message and use the God given talents and knowledge to change their world. We are still 100 years behind.

Your communication device works using satellites in space. Hmm remember a certain man was imprisoned by Rome for claiming there are other planets.

Well I will end it here :)

Merry Christmas all.

Back