Sports I Joined Al Ain To Rediscover My Goal-scoring Ability- Emmanuel Emenike

Emmannuel Emenike1.jpg

Super Eagles striker, Emmanuel Emenike, has revealed that his move to the United Arab Emirates side, Al Ain is to help him rediscover his scoring ability.

The Nigerian international was loaned to the UAE topflight after the arrival of former Manchester united forward, Robin Van Persie, while Emenike replaces Ghanaian Asamoah Gyan.

The 2013 African Cup of Nations highest goal scorer said that he has no regret joining his new side on a loan spell, but emphasizes that the move is for his re-discovery.

“Every move I have made in my career has always been great; this one to Al Ain will be greater. Since my days in South Africa, Turkey, Russia and back to Turkey, it has always been a wonderful experience. I have never regretted any decision I took in my career and I am very confident that this is another greater moment for me,” Emenike said in an interview with Africanfootball.com.

Last season, the 28-year-old struggled at Fenerbahce but he is hoping to score loads of goals at his new club.

Emenike added, “This move has a lot to do with my career and I am ready to work hard and get back to my scoring best.

“Of course, I am ready for that. I did it with Fenerbahce. I have no other mission here at Al Ain than to score goals and win titles. The expectation is obviously high and I am looking forward to justify the trust they have in me.

“I have come here to deliver, nothing will change it. But I cannot do it alone. I am a team player and I will love to get going with my teammates and also get the cooperation of everybody. I am not going to speak about my ability but my legs should be able to do a lot of things about my coming to Al Ain.”

Emenike said he was not under pressure to take over from Gyan, who made a huge impact in three seasons at the club.

The Ghana captain helped Al-Ain to three straight titles during his time at the club and emerged as top scorer in the UAE Pro League 201/12, 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons. He was also the AFC Champions League top scorer and AFC Foreign Player of the Year in 2014.

“I am not under any pressure, I am good to go. I have scored goals in Europe, I know what it takes and it’s not a big deal coming to play for an ambitious club like this,” Emenike said.

“Leaving Fenerbahce does not mean I must prove them wrong. I am focusing on how I will score beyond expectations. And for Gyan, I am not here to fill his shoes or be Gyan. He’s a fantastic player, one of the best in Africa and he left Al Ain with a good record. I have come to make my own impact.

“It is not something that I must do under pressure. I am a natural striker and I will justify the confidence of the club and everybody.” Africanfootball

Back