Politics INEC: “I Am Not Under Pressure to Resign'' - Jega

A

abujagirl

Prof Attahiru Jega, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC on Monday disclosed that he's not under any pressure to resign; LEADERSHIP reports.

Speaking at the the town hall meeting organised in Abuja by Reinvent Media, in conjunction Ford Foundation and Kukah Centre, Jega said, ''No reasonable person, in my view, who is holding this kind of job – like the one I am holding – will contemplate dropping everything and go on leave before the job is concluded. For me it is not an option and nobody has asked me to go on leave. We remain focused; we have a job to do and we are determined to conduct the best election for this country.

''I am not under pressure to resign. It would be disservice to the nation for me to say that I will resign when I have no reason to resign. Terminal leave is an option, a grace period given to anyone to go on leave before he finally leaves office. As I have said, earlier, I have a job to do till April 11. Terminal leave is not an option. Nobody has asked me to proceed on terminal leave other than what I read in the newspapers''.

Jega.jpg

#Jega #INEC

Back