Politics 'Let Sleeping Dogs Lie'-Don Cautions Enugu Assembly on Deputy Governor’s Impeachment

A

abujagirl

A university don, Prof. Aloysius Okolie, on Wednesday appealed to the Enugu State House of Assembly to drop the move to impeach the State Deputy Governor, Mr Sunday Onyebuchi.

Okolie, a lecturer at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, told newsmen in Nsukka that the move to impeach the Deputy Governor would overheat the polity.

"I don’t have any personal relationship with any of them but I think nobody should be deceived in Enugu State. Let them address the issue of governance. If there is any insubordination, have you ever summoned the deputy governor to come and explain one or two things to the house?

"While not standing for anybody, I think they should not waste public fund, public confidence, and public trust on such shallow matter that will add no value to governance in Enugu state. We‘ve enjoyed relative peace in Enugu state for a long time. I would rather say let the sleeping dog lie. But if they want to go ahead to impeach him let them know that posterity is watching and everybody will have to account for whatever good or bad they try to do,” he said.

He said that for some time there had been mistrust between Gov Sullivan Chime and the deputy governor over keeping of poultry farm by Onyebuchi in his residence.

The don urged relevant stakeholders in the state to intervene as the issue would escalate and affect tranquility of the state.

"We should remember that when two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers. There is nothing wrong in any politician in the state having political ambition for 2015 but it should not be at the expense of peace, progress and unity of the state", the Don added.

#Chime #Enugu #Onyebuchi

enugu deputy.jpg
Sunday Onyebuchi

Back