Sports Louis Van Gaal Reacts To United's 2-1 Loss To FC Midtjylland

Manchester United manager, Louis van Gaal has blamed his side's 2-1 defeat to FC Midtjylland on Thursday night on injury .

The Dutch tactician admitted that his boys failed to keep possession of the ball mostly in the second half of the game which was the bane of team.

Memphis Depay opened scoring for the visitors in the 37th minute of the game but Pione Sisto equalised for the home team before Paul Onuachu sealed the victory for the home team.

"I think it is the law of Murphy, when you have a list of 13 injured players and a few minutes before the game we can add another player to the list. Then it is difficult to cope with such a list of injured players."

"It happened in the warm up. We have to wait and see for the scan tomorrow, then maybe we can say more but it was a big surprise.”

"After 10 or 15 minutes we controlled the match, we scored a goal but we also gave a goal away. One minute before half-time and that is a difficult time to concede a goal. In the second half I have to say that Midtjylland were winning every ball and that was very disappointing because you know in advance that this is the key to this game. Then they score, and when you see how they score it is a little bit unnecessary in my opinion. But still we have a chance [to go through in the tie] I think."

“We have to speak about why our players were not capable of winning the second balls, to keep the ball in our possession, because we had a lot of unnecessary losses of the ball. Now I can only analyse that Midtjylland were winning these second balls and then you can expect they will score out of a few chances. But we could have scored also, Jesse Lingard could have scored two times I think. In spite of that we could have also finished the game.”

"It is nothing to do with attitude. All of the players want to perform in an excellent way so attitude is not the case. We were not winning the second balls. That is my analysis."

"It is disappointing for them like we are disappointed. I am very grateful for the fans who supported us but we wanted to win and now we have to win at Old Trafford and then we are in the next round. We have to do it, it will not be easy but we have to do it.”

"We had a lot of difficulty with him and we have to cope better with that. Maybe he shall play at Old Trafford and we have to cope with that problem. We had a lot of problems with him, we had less with Pusic.”

Attachments

• van gaal1.jpg
    van gaal1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 17
Back