Sports Manny Pacquiao Says Timothy Bradley Will Be His Last Fight

Filipino world champion professional boxer, Manny Pacquiao, has confirmed that Timothy Bradley will be his last professional opponent in the boxing ring in the spring as he wants to focus on his political career.

Pacquiao will take on Bradley for a third time on April 9 after losing to his biggest rival Floyd Mayweather in boxing's richest fight in history last May.

The Filipino lost to Bradley in 2012 in a controversial split decision, but cruised to a one-sided points victory in their rematch two years later.

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum said last week he did not believe his fighter would retire after fighting Bradley, but the 37-year-old set the record straight on Monday night.

"I am retiring from boxing to concentrate on my political career," said Pacquiao. "My fight with Timothy Bradley will be my last."

The southpaw also dismissed reports he would be delaying retirement plans in the hope of tempting undefeated Mayweather out of retirement for a rematch.
http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...t-fighter-with-points-win-over-manny-pacquiao
"I did not say anything like that. Nobody interviewed me about that. I will retire after my April 9 fight," he insisted.

Pacquiao lost by unanimous decision to his arch-rival Mayweather and underwent shoulder surgery four days later on a torn rotator cuff sustained during training prior to the Las Vegas superfight.

He has won 57 fights, including 38 knockouts, lost six and had two draws in a professional career spanning more than 20 years after being raised in poverty, and currently represents the southern province of Sarangani in parliament. Skysport

Manny Pacquiao3.jpg

Back