Politics Money Will Not Play Any Role in PDP Primaries -Gumbari

A

abujagirl

A senatorial aspirant in Kaduna, Mr Joseph Gumbari, has said that money would not play any role in deciding winners of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) primary elections at all levels.

"Aspirants piling money to buy delegates will be disappointed because the party has taken care of that by pruning the number of delegates from ward executive council members to three per ward. The party has also made sure that the delegates are of high standing and above board,’’ Gumbari said in Jos on Sunday.

Gumbari is contesting for the Kaduna South Senatorial seat.

Gumbari told newsmen that the delegates to determine the fate of aspirants, were carefully selected to ensure that their actions during the primary elections were properly guided.

"The era of buying delegates is gone; we have a stiffer political competition now; the delegates were decided based on their capacities to read political situations and make calculations. As a party, we have resolved that merit shall be the watchword, and we went for delegates who would put premium on that,’’ he said.

He expressed the hope that delegates from Kaduna South would give him the PDP ticket.

"I have been a member of the Kaduna House of Assembly and a two-term member of the House of Representatives. Going to the senate will offer me an opportunity to do what I know how to do best – quality representation for our people,’’ he said.

#PDP #Gumbari

pdp.jpg

Back