Sports Mourinho opens up: Cech is sad at Chelsea

ASG-014044 - Copy.jpg Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has admitted that Petr Cech is unhappy after he was dropped from being the club's first choice goalkeeper.

Cech is now playing second fiddle to Thibaut Courtois,who has been installed as the number one choice at Chelsea.

The 22-year old Belgium international has been a Chelsea player since 2011,but has been at loan since then,helping Atletico Madrid win the Spanish La Liga title last year.

After returning to the Bridge this summer,Courtois made his EPL debut for Chelsea on Monday as in their 3-1 win against Burnley.

It is understood that Paris Saint-Germain are trying to exploit the situation at Chelsea and make a move for Cech while Real Madrid and Monaco are also monitoring the 32-year-old, who has been encouraged by Chelsea to find a new club before the transfer window closes.

"[He is a] top professional, working as always, being a group man as always, being a Chelsea man as always," Mourinho said on Friday.

"I don’t believe he is completely happy as is everyone that didn’t start the game. They clearly feel that some are playing [ahead of them].

"With one match per week in August some are not playing but Petr’s behaviour has been fantastic and that’s important."

Mourinho insists Chelsea will work with Cech to find a solution but maintains the interests of the club will always be the priority.

"We have to think about the players and the players deserve respect and the players deserve cooperation from the club but the club is the most important thing," said Mourinho.

"For me football is about club, team, players, managers - so I am the last one - but the club is the most important thing. We cannot give players things and put the players in front of the team, in front of the club. It must be always the other way.

"Every decision, the first thing we think is about the club and the team. If you can make it good for the club, the team and the players, that’s the perfect situation."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back