Politics Nigeria: No Jega,No Elections -APC

A

abujagirl

Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, national chairman of of the All Progressives Congress, APC over the weekend said that there will be no election in Nigeria if Prof Jega Attahiru, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC ; LEADERSHIP reports.

Speaking in Abuja, Oyegun said, ''I don’t think they can remove him. We have only three weeks, although President Goodluck Jonathan, keeps saying he has no plan to sack him, that is different from removing him. But we have only three weeks unless they don’t want an election''.

''It’s simple! We had one postponement; we don’t want a second one. In the middle, in fact, almost at the terminal end of a journey, you don’t change the captain. You don’t know who the new captain would be, you don’t know how conversant that new captain would be, and he may as well just request for another three months to familiarize himself with his job and the rest of it; that is unacceptable''.

''Two, though that point hasn’t been flogged well enough, is that Jega was not appointed alone. So, if Jega has to proceed on terminal leave, why are the others not proceeding on terminal leave? In which case, we will have no INEC to conduct the elections. So, unless Jega’s terminal leave is punitive, in which case you have to tell the nation, but he has done no wrong. He is not a civil servant and he has a fixed constitutional term, full stop''.

''Even if Jega himself was willing and applied to go on leave, the whole nation should beg him not to go until such a delicate assignment on which he is engaged is complete.I am not going to speculate, but we are going to win the election with a landslide because I am yet to walk the streets and see somebody who doesn’t want change, quite frankly. The entire population has taken ownership of that word and the process, and they are the ones now driving it''.

#Jega #INEC #APC

Oyegun.jpg

Back