Politics Nigerian Election Postponed Due To 6 Weeks Military Camapign Against Boko Haram - Premium Times

curator

Administrator
According to a report from Premium Times, the Chairman of INEC had a meeting with Civil Society groups and informed them that the security forces were not available to provide security during the elections on February 2015. He therefore had no choice but to postpone the election by 6 weeks to enable the security forces conclude their 6 week campaign against Boko Haram.

We are still waiting for confirmation from the INEC chair

Click here for Premium Times Report

jega12.png

Mbah!!! I reject this with all the bones in my body, the Army or the security agencies we are talking about had more than 6 weeks to tackle Boko Haram but they failed. Six weeks ain't gonna do anything, this is simply a coup against Nigerian voters

Mbah!!! I reject this with all the bones in my body, the Army or the security agencies we are talking about had more than 6 weeks to tackle Boko Haram but they failed. Six weeks ain't gonna do anything, this is simply a coup against Nigerian voters

Well let us wait for Jega to formally announce this and get further details. But all the information from today and the reaction of the US to provide more help to tackle Boko Haram points to a postponement.

Back