Metro Nigerian Soldier on Death Row Writes Heartbreaking Facebook Post [Photos]

Vunderkind

Social Member
One of the 54 soldiers sentenced to death for mutiny, Fahat Fahat, has written on his Facebook wall, and this post has become viral on social networks.

He wrote: "Hello ladies and gentlemen. I am a soldier and I am sentenced to death by the Nigerian army because we did not go to fight Boko Haram without equipment.
"We asked for weapons, instead they gave us death sentence."

Fifty-four Nigerian soldiers have been sentenced to death by firing squad on Wednesday by a Military Court-Martial sitting in Abuja.

A competent source within the military high command, who confirmed this to newsmen said five other soldiers were discharged and acquitted.

The soldier were accused of mutiny , assault , cowardice and refusing to fight Boko-Haram in the North-Eastern part of the country. (Read more here)

See screenshots of Fahat Fahat's Facebook post

upload_2014-12-19_12-53-28.png
upload_2014-12-19_12-54-1.png

upload_2014-12-19_12-54-17.png

upload_2014-12-19_12-54-35.png

Attachments

• sentenced soldier.png
    sentenced soldier.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
how did he get access to facebook?
[USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
They have just been sentenced, he may still have his phone in possession while the case was still being determined. Don't know how things run in the military anyway.

I guess the man doesn't really like the soldier job in the first place, considering his post on facebook in recent times. I guess he also has a bad luck. Looking at his facebook posts, he has lost many people in his family on different Thursdays and even himself was sentenced to death for mutiny on a Thursday.

I guess the man doesn't really like the soldier job in the first place, considering his post on facebook in recent times.
He said in one of his posts that he's proud to be a soldier...and that he loves his family.

They have just been sentenced, he may still have his phone in possession while the case was still being determined. Don't know how things run in the military anyway.

I guess the man doesn't really like the soldier job in the first place, considering his post on facebook in recent times. I guess he also has a bad luck. Looking at his facebook posts, he has lost many people in his family on different Thursdays and even himself was sentenced to death for mutiny on a Thursday.
Investigative journalism :)

Back