Politics Nuhu Ribadu Speaks: How Ibori Tried Bribing Me With $15m Cash in 2 Big Bags

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during the weekend has revealed that about $60billion looted funds left Africa yearly.

According to him, ex-Delta State Governor James Ibori attempted to bribe him with $15million in two big bags, but he resisted.

“Ibori approached me with $15million to stop his investigation. I called my people because the money was in big bags, which two people could not carry and we deposited it in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as evidence against him (Ibori).

“I arrested Ibori and prosecuted him. Since his friend was in power, they removed me, sent me to a school as a student where I was once a teacher.

“They made attempts on my life, but they did not know I was using a bullet-proof Honda car. As God would have it, ex-President Umaru Yar’Adua died. Ibori escaped to Dubai from where he was taken to the United Kingdom for trial. He is serving a jail term in the UK.”

The Nation

Attachments

• NuhuRibadu400.jpg
    NuhuRibadu400.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 18
Back