Politics Nwabueze Opts Out of National Conference Committee

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-10-7_10-20-45.png

Few hours before the inauguration of the National Conference Committee,luminary Professor Ben Nwabueze, on Sunday, declined the offer to serve on the national conference panel on health ground.

Nwabueze has delegated his membership to another Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Solomon Asemota, in a letter to to the president.

According to NIGERIAN TRIBUNE, in a personal letter to president Goodluck Jonathan, Nwabueze explained his reason for declining to serve on the Okurounmu-led panel due to illness.

“I am at present in London and may be away from Nigeria for some time. I will be glad, if I could be replaced in the presidential advisory committee on national dialogue/conference by Mr Solomon Asemota, who is a member of The Patriots,” the letter read.

In another letter to President Jonathan, said to have been written on behalf of “The Patriots,” Nwabueze, a staunch advocate of a Sovereign National Conference (SNC), congratulated him for taking an indisputable bold step towards ensuring that a national conference was convoked before 2015.

“The Patriots regard this development as epochal and re-affirms the support, which we conveyed to you on the occasion of our visit on August 29.

“It is our fervent hope that nothing would be allowed to stand in the way during the preparation for and execution of the national conference that would finally bring every Nigerian into the mainstream of governance,” the letter read.

Back