Sports Odemwingie commends NFF for re-hiring Stephen Keshi

Stoke City striker, Osaze Odemwingie has commended the Nigeria Football Federation for the re-appointment of Stephen Keshi as the Super Eagles coach for the second time.

Osaze said that the former Mali coach is a very good coach who has always earned his respect, adding that he the 2013 AFCON winning coach will succeed only if all Nigerians support him.

osazeee[1].jpg

The 30-year old striker has not been in action since August 2014 after damaging his knee ligament in his side's 1-0 win over Manchester City.

“It’s a welcome development to hear that Keshi is back to the saddle. He is a good coach and I have a lot of respect for him," Odemwingie was quoted by Daily NewsWatch .

"I have a great feeling that he can do it again for the country. All he needs to succeed is the prayer and support of every Nigerian. He deserves a second chance,”

“It’s been a long time out and I can’t wait to be back in the thick of the action. I have played some couple of practice games and they said I did well. It makes me feel like a better player and more confident," he continued.

Odemwingie, also explained that he can't wait to be back on the pitch competitively for his side in the English premier league.

"I am really glad that I am back to full training and I think I am better than ever. I thank the medical team, my teammates and especially the fans for their support and patience.

“By God’s grace, I may be available for selection in the remaining few games and in football you never can tell. It’s being a long wait and hopefully it won’t be in vain. My priority is to do well, make everybody happy and hopefully look forward to getting a better new deal. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and see how it goes," he concluded.

Back