Metro Osun: Two Men Get Death Sentence for Stealing Policeman's Fowl

Vunderkind

Social Member
OSOGBO, NIGERIA - An Osun High Court in Okuku has sentenced two robbers to death for stealing fowls.

The men, Olowookere Segun and Morakinyo Sunday were found guilty of breaking into the house of Mr. Balogun Tope, a police officer attached to the Okuku Div. Police HQ and making away with some of his possessions.

According to the prosecution, on November 13, 2010, the men broke into Balogun's house with a cutlass and a gun. Two of them was arrested, and the others escaped.

The convicts have confessed to stealing the complainant's fowls, and added that they had stolen in the past before then.

The prosecution said: “they also stated that they had earlier robbed Alhaja Umani Oyewo in her house and stole broilers, eggs and kegs of vegetable oil from the house.”

They were therefore convicted on three counts: a death sentence for conspiracy; a life sentence for robbery, and three years for stealing.

The Judge, Justice Fola however noted that governor Aregbesola can decide to make it so they serve 10 years imprisonment instead of a death sentence, considering their ages.

fowl.jpg

a death sentence for conspiracy; a life sentence for robbery, and three years for stealing
Now I understand why politicians are only accused of stealing and not corruption as that would imply a conspiracy to defraud the state.
[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

This is not justice, it's wickedness. The men have been in jail for the past 4 years already. Now they are sentenced to death. This is sick. sick. sick.

Now I understand why politicians are only accused of stealing and not corruption as that would imply a conspiracy to defraud the state.
[USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]

"Conspiracy" is now a graver offense than stealing. Conspiracy to commit what? Treason? *Sigh* Dear Nigeria, I'm tired.

The story had me aghast, to be honest. Why, though? Is it because they robbed a police officer?
They are suspected hardened criminals..and they also refused to confess the names of other gang members to the police, I suspect. It's a culmination of (community )hatred and vendetta.

Some things are not clear here... stealing fowls,... conspiracy,... and then, death sentence. How does these go hand in hand?

[USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
I wonder what happens to all those who steal our billions in dollars...... meanwhile, we don't have judiciary any longer, we only know about an extension of the executives. its just unofrtunate

I wonder what happens to all those who steal our billions in dollars...... meanwhile, we don't have judiciary any longer, we only know about an extension of the executives. its just unofrtunate

Very unfortunate. But is there anything the masses can do to curb this disease?

Back