Politics Pat Utomi: I'm Carrying Out an International Campaign to Ensure Nigeria's Leaders End Up in Jail

Vunderkind

Social Member
In a recent interview with The Sun newspaper, Prof. Pat Utomi, the renowned Economist and businessman noted that he was completely disenchanted with the way Nigeria was being run and blamed President Jonathan's government for the falling price of oil.

“We must stop waste in government. The wastage is just too much… We just spent N19 billion organising a national conference. What for? If I get N19 billion, I will ensure that every child that goes to school in Nigeria has a free meal, and that would bring more kids to school…” he said in a section of the interview.

When asked about his presidential ambition, Professor Pat Utomi said: "I actually despise the use of that word ‘ambition’. I had a desire as a citizen to work with other citizens to create a better society. But if some other citizens don’t like it, then I can take a bow and face other things that I can do. If it is ambition, it becomes do or die. My attitude is that, if we had political parties, you would not be offering yourself, the leaders of the political party would identify credible persons that they want to project for elective positions, bring them into their party to vie for elective positions on their platforms. But here, any armed robber that presents N10million, gets ticket to become a governor. Most of the people who lead in Nigeria should be jailed. And I’m carrying an international campaign to make sure many of them end up in jail in The Hague."

Click here to read more

Source: #TheSun

pat utomi.jpg

Back