Politics Patience Jonathan Barred From Using VIP Lounge of Port Harcourt Airport

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's former first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan was barred from using the VIP lounge of the Port Harcourt International Airport.

Patience Jonathan.jpg

According to NIGERIAN TRIBUNE, a unnamed source who witnessed the incident said, ''Mrs Jonathan was on her way to the burial of her late CSO, Tamuno Jacob Igbomie, who was allegedly shot dead by unknown assailants penultimate Friday. Igbomie’s corpse was found in his Honda Accord car on Airport Road, Abuja, with all his phones, wallet and other personal effects intact in the car.

''Last Friday, July 17, the former first lady arrived Port Harcourt International Airport and made for the VIP lounge as had been the norm. However, she was practically locked out and prevented from accessing the lounge. All efforts by the former president’s wife and the few people by her to pacify the security agents at the airport to allow the protocol were rebuffed, as they stood their ground claiming that they had ‘orders from above'', the source said.

They are simply telling her, she's no longer in office. If I were Mrs Patience, I would have simply followed the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'll go towards the area where everybody else goes and if someone thinks I deserve a better treatment, then they can call me from where I am. It's more honorable that way than to be humiliated.

They are simply telling her, she's no longer in office. If I were Mrs Patience, I would have simply followed the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'll go towards the area where everybody else goes and if someone thinks I deserve a better treatment, then they can call me from where I am. It's more honorable that way than to be humiliated.
Temitope,
While I agree that she should walk according to the teachings of Jesus Christ, it doesn't mean that she should be denied of her rights. By right as the wife of a former President of this nation, she is a VIP! Would you deny Yar'Adua, Babangida, Obasanjo, Abdulsalam, or Shagari's wife from using any VIP Lounge in any airport? Let's not be half-witted and sentimental, worst still religious about clear-cut issues!.

Maybe she didn't bring along the green papers belonging to the security officials.

When the wife of PMB went for lesser Hadj in Saudi Arabia, the Nigerian envoy there reportedly didn't give Mrs Buhari the befitting treatment as the 'first lady'. Why? He's a loyalist to the last administration. No one need to be told that these people are witch hunting one another.

Back