Politics PDP Has Already Lost The Election -APC

A

abujagirl

The All Progressives Congress, APC on Wednesday said that the recent attack on its presidential aspirants proved that Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has already the March 28 presidential elections; VANGUARD reports.

Speaking from Lagos, Lai Mohammed, National publicity secretary of the APC said, ''What has come out clearly in the media interaction between the PDP and the media yesterday (Tuesday) is desperation, despondency and dejection on the part of the PDP. When you have an interaction with a gathering like PDP governors, you expect something much more elevating. You see, they lost a beautiful opportunity to even sell their party.

''When they concentrated on attacking an individual, people went away with the impression that they have run out of ideas, and they have run out of issues. So, that is why you find that if you took a poll yesterday and a poll today on the popularity of PDP you will find out that it sank lower especially against the fact that this man who they have been attacking almost daily has never uttered a word in retaliation because what they are attacking is the integrity of this man, but his integrity is unassailable.

''I think Nigerians have now got to the point of asking PDP: do you have anything in stock for us? Why don’t you advertise your own wares? Honestly, I looked at PDP yesterday and was very sorry for them.

''From what happened yesterday, PDP has already accepted defeat because they are saying already that Buhari will not have two terms, that he would have one term. Why should that become the concern of the ruling party? They are already behaving like the opposition party.

''I think Nigerians are not taken in by this smear campaign. On the contrary, the man is becoming more and more popular and they are spending so much money, so much time, so much effort vilifying this man. Even those APC members who are not on the ballot, they are spending time and money to vilify them. Is that what this campaign is all about?''.

Also, Governor Adams Oshiomhole said, ''When you are playing a match, and it is clear that you are winning and your opponent is going for your legs instead of the ball, while you hope and trust that the referee will enforce the rule, you must remain focused on the ball.

''The PDP governors said many other things that do not make sense. I read one of their statements that Buhari has signed an agreement that he is going to do only one term, and that the North would be short-changed. That is what they claim. That is fine. That means they accept that Buhari will win the election, but they are only worried about how long he will be there for, and if that should be the burden of the PDP, it tells you that they have exhausted everything.

#PDP #APC #Buhari

APC.jpg

Back