Politics PDP Ticket for Adamawa Guber: Marwa "Not Afraid" of Ribadu

L

LequteMan

Former military administrator of Lagos State, Buba Marwa, on Friday at the Peoples Democratic Party National secretariat after picking his nomination form expressed confidence of getting the #PDP ticket for the #Adamawa State governorship election, despite Nuhu Ribadu's entrance into the race.

He according to #Tribune, said the party will grant him the necessary waiver to be eligible for the party’s ticket.

"Certainly there is provision of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) constitution which says all members who aspire to run for any office whether party’s position or actual government or elective positions, should have spent a minimum of two years failing which they will not be able to run, unless they are granted a waiver of this position.

“I don’t see any great difficulty with this in the sense that when the former chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, became chairman, you will recall, the party structures were dissolved and new congresses were organised for the party and all those new members that crossed over then from the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), spent less than two months and were deemed qualified to run in the congresses and today they remain in elective positions. Nobody asked them for waiver, and none was given.

“Based on that, we have full confidence that the issue of waiver will not be an issue, because if it has been done in Adamawa State for others it will be extended to us, in any case fundamental also is that almost everybody in the party will ask for waiver because fresh registration took place at that time and so you will find out almost everybody has spent less than two years in the party.

“I have applied for waiver through the normal processes and I am confident that it will be amicably resolved.”

Attachments

• marwa1.jpg
    marwa1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
Back